Condor flight simulator interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllenCherry

Anyone who can help,

I am developing an interface for the Condor2 gliding simulator using a touch screen for data input from the pilot.
The keyboard aspect of Teensy is working well, but please can you advise if data received in the Teesny serial interface (Serial1) can be forwarded out on the USB interface to the Condor application?
If so, please can you give some sample of the typical code to use.

Thank you for any help,

Allen

If you already have serial data that the Condor Software understands see file->examples->teensy->usb serial->USBtoSerial

Depending on how Condor and your source device works you may need to add end of line characters.

Hi GremlinWrangler,

Thank you for responding and pointing me to the USBtoSerial example.
I am using the Teensy in the 'Keyboard' mode - will the USBtoSerial aspect still function?

Sorry if this is an obvious question - I am still very much in the 'learning mode'!

Many thanks
Allen

Good question! The Teensy supports a HID data transfer type to allow Arduino serial in all modes, but only shows up as USB serial to the OS when you have the relevant device type selected. So you would need to use the keyboard+mouse+joystick+serial mode, or muck with the USB types to make a custom variant. If you are using an existing joystick you may check that your software stays pointed at the right device when you plug the teensy in and it reports in.

Thanks again for your guidance!

Just to make sure that I fully understand what 'should(!)' be possible:

In the 'serial' mode, I will be able to send data to the Teensy using a 'Com(x)' port on the PC through the Teensy USB interface, and then get the Teensy to respond back as a 'Keyboard' device again through the USB.

If this is possible, then I will be a very happy person! Just the programming to do...

Many thanks,

Allen

As long as you have told Arduino that you want the USB all modes software loaded your code will have access to both USB keyboard, USB serial and hardware serial data to do whatever you want to code up. You may have some difficulty if you have it connected to the PC software and download new code, since the USB obviously restarts during this. The OS is generally reasonably forgiving but you may need to close and re-open the flight sim side. Doing a similar project for Kerbal space program I ended up using a USB/TTL serial dongle that the Teensy talked to via serial, so the game had persistent serial port and the keyboard coming and going was handled by windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back