More joystick axis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!
I have recently discovered Bill Porter's PS2 controller library https://github.com/madsci1016/Arduino-PS2X.
I managed to make it display the buttons pressed in the serial monitor (I use the Teensy++ 2.0), and even if my controller is fully-offbrand, it DOES have pressure-sensitive buttons and D-pad.
So I was wondering if it is possible to have more joystick axis than six (maybe 8, so I can have both joysticks and the four pressure-sensitive face buttons) on the Teensy++ 2.0.
I have seen some other older threads about this, but frankly, in some cases, I have no idea what they are talking about.
Any help is very much appreciated and thanks in advance!

There is code for more axes on Teensy LC & 3.x.

While it's theoretically possible to back-port it to Teensy++ 2.0, as a practical matter it's probably easier to just get a Teensy LC or 3.2 if you're not familiar with USB programming.

Thanks for the response!
I really don't want to spend any more money right now, as shipping to where I live costs a lot.
So isn't there anything already made out there for the Teensy++ 2.0?

And also, if I wanted to get cheaper shipping, I could get it from my country, but basically everything electronic-related is very overpriced, even if it's offbrand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back