Watchdog question

Status
Not open for further replies.

donperryjm

So seeing that the arduinos use a different mcu than teensy, would the watchdog work the same way?

if not, did the teensy library supplied got updated with its own modification to the arduino wdt library?

P.S, i'm so sorry i took so long to start using the teensy. Way more powerful that i'd previously thought ;)

There is a usable watchdog on Teensy - T_LC works a bit different than the T_3.x's - but functions. Not noted what Teensy you have?

If it is one of those there are forum posts that may show usage and answer questions. There was a T_LC related post in recent days IIRC ...

OK will check it out later. I originally designed around an arduino nano and used an external watchdog on the reset pin, but since that is harder to access on the teensy, well, here I am

GOod luck - if you find something that clarifies it or gives good results posting would leave something to find. Quick search found it covered in 2013 and 2015 - so there has to be a good answer and I've seen it pass by more than once so it works and isn't too complex. Initialize it with desired time - then feed or kick the dog inside that time and all goes well - miss a beat and reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back