Unable to upload a sketch on teensy 3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panayiota

Hello everyone!

I have recently purchased a couple of Teensy 3.5, and I am confronting a problem with one of them. I use Arduino IDE version 1.8.6.
(Keep in mind that all other teensy 3.2, teensy 3.5 and Arduinos work fine with the same Arduino IDE 1.8.6 and the same usb cable)

Once I connect the teensy 3.5 to the computer, the red led blinks (as it should), but when I try to upload another sketch I get the response “Press button on Teensy to manually enter Program Mode”, and
even if I manually press the button on teensy, nothing happens; the sketch does not get uploaded and the red led keeps blinking.

Do you have any idea why this happens and how to overcome this frustrating situation?
I have tried all the tricks suggested on “Troubleshooting Common Problems” PJRC webpage, but nothing solved the problem. I would really appreciate any help.

Thank you,

Panayiota.

Attachments

• error teensy 3.5.jpg
    error teensy 3.5.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 98
  • error teensy 3.5 _1.jpg
    error teensy 3.5 _1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 83
  • error teensy 3.5 _2.jpg
    error teensy 3.5 _2.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 48
The first time a new Teensy is connected, it shows as a "different" USB device (this changes after the first sketch upload).
Maybe Windows is having troubles talking to this "special" device (your older Teensies already "changed" device).

Is it possible for you to upgrade your software (i.e., Arduino 1.8.8 + TeensyDuino 1.45)?
Sometimes this resolve the problem.

When pressing Program button on Teensy, do you see if the small TeensyLoader window "blinks" (it should briefly show a progress bar)?
Is the Teensy directly connected to a USB root port (instead of a USB hub), preferably USB 2.0, at least for this first upload (should ease Windows discovery of new devices)?

Is there anything connected to this Teensy? If so can you remove it? Example maybe GPS is plugged in wrong and shorting out...

Did you solder on pins to it? If so check for shorts...

Try something real basic. That is load the blink example app. Make sure you have things configured for Teensy 3.5, Serial USB... (looks like you do).
Now run the verify command on Arduino. When this completes, now press the program button on T3.5. Does it program it then?

The first time a new Teensy is connected, it shows as a "different" USB device (this changes after the first sketch upload).
Maybe Windows is having troubles talking to this "special" device (your older Teensies already "changed" device).

Is it possible for you to upgrade your software (i.e., Arduino 1.8.8 + TeensyDuino 1.45)?
Sometimes this resolve the problem.

When pressing Program button on Teensy, do you see if the small TeensyLoader window "blinks" (it should briefly show a progress bar)?
Is the Teensy directly connected to a USB root port (instead of a USB hub), preferably USB 2.0, at least for this first upload (should ease Windows discovery of new devices)?

Dear XFer,

Thank you for your reply.

After dealing with this "problematic" teensy 3.5, i used other (completely) new teensy 3.5, which all work perfectly with the software.

When pressing the program button, i see NOTHING, no window blinking, no progress bar, absolutely nothing.
And yes, the teensy is directly connected to a USB root port.

Thanks again,

Panayiota.

Dear KurtE,

There is nothing connected to the teensy, but yes I have soldered (very carefully) the headers. I have checked for short-circuits, but it doesn't seem to have any.

The verify command works fine, but the sketch does not get uploaded and pressing the button makes no difference. It is like the button has no impact at all.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back