Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Trying to install mcp4278 library to Arduino IDE v.1.8.8?

Trying to install mcp4278 library to Arduino IDE v.1.8.8?

I am walking through the steps listed on this github page: https://github.com/Befaco/midithing/

The instructions link to 3 external libraries (MIDI, Bounce2, and mcp4278) and say to install these to your Arduino IDE. I installed the MIDI and Bounce2 libraries with no issue using Arduino 1.8.8, but when attempting to load the "mcp4728_library_v1.3_for_Arduino_1.0.zip" package, I get an error: "Specified folder/zip file does not contain a valid library."

I'm not actually even entirely clear on what the mcp4728 library does, as I couldn't find much documentation in the linked repository. So I'm wondering if this may have been built specifically for an older Arduino IDE or possibly different hardware?

If it makes a difference... I am planning on using this USB AVR Programmer here: https://www.amazon.ca/USBtinyISP-Pro...ogrammer&psc=1

-Any ideas what the error means? Does this simply mean that this library is outdated and incompatible with my version of the Arduino software?

-Does anyone know what the mcp4728 library does exactly? Is there possibly a more up to date version of this library which should be used instead?

Thanks for any input or suggestions!
    Cheers

Can you tell where exactly is a Teensy involved and which? (3.1, 3.2, 3.5, 3.6 )

Quote Originally Posted by Frank B View Post
    Can you tell where exactly is a Teensy involved and which? (3.1, 3.2, 3.5, 3.6 )
    I am using Teensy 3.2 generally.

Ah but I see that as I am not using a Teensy for this application, might be better to bring this to the Arduino Forums. My apologies.

Just copying the zip-contents to a subfolder of your libraries-folder should work.