Teensy 3.6 installer + Arduino 1.8.8 + Mac OX = Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash_walking

Good evening,
I have been having issues with the Teensyduino 1.36 firmware/libraries, though all versions appear to be listed as compatible versions.
I am using the Arduino 1.8.8 (on MacBook Pro), but for some odd reason the teensy installer refuses to install, I have taken a look at a previous posting with a similar issue but their solution didn't really help me.

The install will not complete due to the teensy installer the lib/version.txt file is missing. I have tried and consulted with a friend but we have yet to figure it out. I think the installer cannot see the file or folder for some reason. Has anyone had a similar problem that could offer insight or suggestions? I would be ever so grateful.

- Ash

When using Arduino 1.88, you need at least Teensyduino 1.45, earlier versions have no support for this recent Arduino release. The highest Arduino Version supported by Teensyduino 1.36 is 1.8.2.

Thanks, I tried using the Teensyduino 1.45 installer but I am still having the same issue as before. Am I doing something wrong?
- Ash

Am I doing something wrong?
- Ash
Apparently - yes... But I can't tell you without seeing your Mac... Did you install Arduino 1.8.8 in the Applications folder? Can you open the Applications folder in the Finder like this...
Capture d’écran 2019-02-21 à 16.48.29.jpg
...and do a right click on that Arduino installation and select "Show package content" ? A new finder window should open like this:
Capture d’écran 2019-02-21 à 16.46.44.jpg
Can you locate the version.txt file there?

I have installed the Arduino 1.8.8 in the Applications folder and I can open the Applications folder in the Finder, but it doesn't seem to want to run it, However, I just downloaded an older version of Arduino (1.8.5) and it is working. I am just a little concern if I will run into any problem while using the Arduino 1.8.5.
- Ash

Yup, 1.8.8 added support for the touch bar on newer laptops. In the process, they unwittingly included a java library that doesn't work on older macos versions. They're going to fix it in 1.8.9 (unknown time frame). For now, use 1.8.7 or 1.8.5, which work all the way back to 10.8 (Mountain Lion).

There's also a known bug in Teensyduino 1.45 affecting 1.8.8, only if you've never before selected anything in the Ports menu (like as in a completely new install on a mac that's never had Arduino before). Selecting any port (even bluetooth or something unrelated to Teensy) and restarting Arduino fixes the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back