PAID help needed, please delete if this is inappropriate for this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirgiyan

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

Here is the gig. I'm working for a film industry and we are in need of a custom made device related to casting process which involves the following capabilities:
1) Capable of recording a 24/96 high quality sound through the analog line input onto the standard external SD card (removable)
2) Capable of playing already recorded 24/96 files (DA conversion) through the analog line output
So far all these things are easily achievable just by purchasing any digital recorder like https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DR05X--tascam-dr-05x-stereo-handheld-recorder but unfortunately it doesn't stop here.
The trick is, instead of naming different audio files, each recorded file should be assigned a tag associated with the certain physical photo. There is no need for advanced image recognition c4bedd57b52355d7b5eb8429d3efdfda.jpg
Assume a physical photo inserted in a simple stand while the file has been recorded. If there are 100 files on the SD card it means that once photo number 67 is inserted and a play button is pressed the device will play file #67. The photo is physically the same as during recording. it is more like a fingerprint recognition, since is it always on the same place (+/-) 1/2 inch and recognizing it by just a small fraction of an image is totally fine - no need for the entire image to be stored.
Say a custom stand equipped with a tiny camera and few LEDs to compensate for different lighting situations.
It all might sound crazy and for sure it begs for clarifications, but generally speaking I'm willing to find a person capable of engineering something like this and agree on the budget for all stages of development as well as the budget for the prototype production. If technology needed for achieving all this is outside the ecosystem of this forum's topic - that's fine as long as interested person is familiar with it.

Thanks a lot in advance. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

It would drop the costs and dev-time significantly if it was allowed to attach a RID-tag to the photo...

RFID tag

That's ok, the only potential problem might be associated with a stack of photos being in the close proximity to the device. Are there any ways around it?

Even assuming RFID labels there is still a need for a person to handle the task. Any thoughts? Is this forum a good place to find one?

The RFID tags may not be needed, on each card write the number + camera + pattern recognition with a marker.
You can come up with a lot of ideas.
You sound how much indecent amount you can pay for it. Perhaps then there are willing.

My understanding is that such things should be paid based on hours spent. I would say 40-50 dollars/hour is more or less the price tag I have in mind. If somehow it would be determined that the whole job is significantly more than 200 hours - then it might become not that practical. In any case, the job would start with determining the overall scope of work needed. The pre-planning stage would be paid as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back