Teensy++2 problem with servo() and tone()

Status
Not open for further replies.

yan_alp73

Hello
I want to use in my program the library servo () and tone ().
I have an error message at compile time.
What is the solution ? thanks you

Here is error message:
C:\Users\YANNIC~1.ANX\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_506991\libraries\Servo\Servo.cpp.o:C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Servo/Servo.cpp:113: first defined here

c:/program files (x86)/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/5.4.0/../../../../avr/bin/ld.exe: Disabling relaxation: it will not work with multiple definitions

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Plusieurs bibliothèque trouvées pour "Servo.h"
Utilisé : C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Servo
Non utilisé : C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Servo
Erreur de compilation pour la carte Teensy++ 2.0

here is the program (File > Examples > 02.Digital > toneMelody.)
I just add "include servo.h"

Code:
#include <Servo.h>

/*
  Melody

Plays a melody

circuit:
  - 8 ohm speaker on digital pin 8

created 21 Jan 2010
  modified 30 Aug 2011
  by Tom Igoe

This example code is in the public domain.

http://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/Tone
*/

#include "pitches.h"

// notes in the melody:
int melody[] = {
  NOTE_C4, NOTE_G3, NOTE_G3, NOTE_A3, NOTE_G3, 0, NOTE_B3, NOTE_C4
};

// note durations: 4 = quarter note, 8 = eighth note, etc.:
int noteDurations[] = {
  4, 8, 8, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4
};

void setup() {
  // iterate over the notes of the melody:
  for (int thisNote = 0; thisNote < 8; thisNote++) {

// to calculate the note duration, take one second divided by the note type.
    //e.g. quarter note = 1000 / 4, eighth note = 1000/8, etc.
    int noteDuration = 1000 / noteDurations[thisNote];
    tone(8, melody[thisNote], noteDuration);

// to distinguish the notes, set a minimum time between them.
    // the note's duration + 30% seems to work well:
    int pauseBetweenNotes = noteDuration * 1.30;
    delay(pauseBetweenNotes);
    // stop the tone playing:
    noTone(8);
  }
}

void loop() {
  // no need to repeat the melody.
}

The second problem is that you have multiple servo libraries installed on your computer, at least two : The one which comes with Teensyduino and the one which you have installed in Arduino via their library manager.

You'll have to identify the one which you need to use (normally the Teensyduino one) and to uninstall/delete all others.

Then, with a bit of luck, the first (linker definition) problem will go away. If not, we'll have to look deeper in the remaining servo library. Please understand that most development effort goes actually into the newer Teensy MCUs which are based on much more powerful ARM 32bit cores and while the older and weaker AVR 8bit stuff is basically still supported, there is much less usage and thus much less testing when a newer Teensyduino version comes out. Thus, small bugs might remain unseen for some time but as soon as they are precisely diagnosed, they can rapidly be fixed.

I deleted the servo directory in C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Arduino \ libraries \

I have the following error message:

c:\program files (x86)\arduino\hardware\tools\avr\avr\include\stdlib.h: In function 'malloc':

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy\malloc.c:134:7: warning: 'sfp2' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]

if (sfp2)

^

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy\malloc.c:76:40: note: 'sfp2' was declared here

struct __freelist *fp1, *fp2, *sfp1, *sfp2;

^

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy\malloc.c:135:20: warning: 'sfp1' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]

sfp2->nx = sfp1->nx;

^

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy\malloc.c:76:33: note: 'sfp1' was declared here

struct __freelist *fp1, *fp2, *sfp1, *sfp2;

^

C:\Users\YANNIC~1.ANX\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_757799/core\core.a(Tone.cpp.o): In function `__vector_32':

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy/Tone.cpp:219: multiple definition of `__vector_32'

C:\Users\YANNIC~1.ANX\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_757799\libraries\Servo\Servo.cpp.o:C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Servo/Servo.cpp:113: first defined here

c:/program files (x86)/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/5.4.0/../../../../avr/bin/ld.exe: Disabling relaxation: it will not work with multiple definitions

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Erreur de compilation pour la carte Teensy++ 2.0

Ok... now I have also identified the other problem: The tone functions use the AVR Timer3. The Servo library tries to use the AVR Timer1 and Timer3. So, both libraries can not be used together without modification...

The Servo library can be modified to use only timer1. Open Servo.h with a text editor and modify / comment out / add as follows from line 71 :
Code:
#elif defined(__AVR_AT90USB646__) || defined(__AVR_AT90USB1286__)
//#define _useTimer3
#define _useTimer1
//typedef enum { _timer3, _timer1, _Nbr_16timers } timer16_Sequence_t ;
typedef enum { _timer1, _Nbr_16timers } timer16_Sequence_t ;

Then, your sketch compiles without errors in Arduino 1.8.8 with Teensyduino 1.4.5 installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back