Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: FastLED not working on WS2812b LED strip (using teensy 3.6)

FastLED not working on WS2812b LED strip (using teensy 3.6)

Hello everyone!
    I would really appreciate if someone could help me with this.
    I have bought a teensy 3.6 to drive my ws2812b LED strip, however when i used a simple blinking code on github using FastLED
    https://github.com/FastLED/FastLED/b...link/Blink.ino
    My Led strip remained turned off.
    Can anyone please let me know what am doing wrong?
    I have connected the LED strip data pin to pin11 on my teensy and then wired the ground of my teensy to the ground of the power source.
    Any help is appreciated !

A photo of your setup might be needed here.

Things to do:
    Check that there actually is power on the start of the strip
    load up blink, change it to toggle pin 11 and change the timing to about 5 seconds and confirm the Din pin toggles with a multimeter
    load up the neopixel library, set it for say 10 pixels and try it on pin 11 as well.
    If all of that works increase the pixel numbers and see if your power supply is up to the job of driving the whole strand

It does not sound like you have a level converter, so problem may be trying to use 3.3V logic on 5V strips, but that generally manifests as erratic operation rather than none at all

Thank you for your reply! I will take a photo of my setup when i can. Iíll get back to you when i have used the blink example.

Also am using an external adapter to supply 5v and 1A for my strip!

Hello again
    Here is a dropbox link, this folder contains 2 pictures of my setup and a video showing the weird behaviour am getting.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qbtj4gml4...EFyLcNEsa?dl=0

In short the first few LEDs light up in white, and then the first LED starts blinking in Green?.. I am using the exact same blink example i mentioned in my very first post.. and i do not set any LED to show green color.