CDC vs Emu Serial port

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuisHS

Hello.

I am trying to create a USB combination, which allows me with a single device to have a Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox Control and the Serial port to make Debug.

I've been looking at the source code files, usb_serial.h, usb_desc.c, usb_desc.h and WProgram.h

I have managed to modify them to compile the descriptors of the four devices into one.

But I have a question, I find that the way to define the Serial port is different, depending on the type of USB port chosen in the Arduino menu.

If it was chosen from the examples, one that had Serial port, then it is defined as CDC_DATA_INTERFACE and if it did not have it, then it is defined as SEREMU_INTERFACE.

What's the difference between one and other ?. With both the Debug is enabled using the Serial?

In my application I just need to use the Serial to do Debug, nothing more.

I solved alredy this question.
I have modify USB descriptors, to add Xbox360 game pad. My current problem is how to combine several HID USB devices (mouse and keyboard) with the Xbox360, to emulate the three with only one Teensy device.

Problem is with PID and VID in usb_desc.h.

If I put these, then Teensy only recognize the Xbox360 gamepad
#define VENDOR_ID 0x045e
#define PRODUCT_ID 0x028e

And If I put these, then Teensy only recognize mouse and keyboard.
#define VENDOR_ID 0x16C0
#define PRODUCT_ID 0x0482

Somebody know if its possible mix USB HID devices with non HID to emulate all with one Teensy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back