LED Strip Fuse Box with Teensy 3.5 & OctoWS2811 implation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keichi

Hello,
i'm currently planing to put a 15m long SK6812 RGBCW Strip around my Celling at which point i now need a bit of advice from some of the Electricians here, since i'm working with 36Amps at full Brightness and each Strip is divided into 2M pieces which could still carry 4.8A i planed a little Fuse Box which i put on a PCB. I'm planing to use 3 approchas to need burn my house down, the first would be the software Ampere Limitation which fastLED Supports, the second is a Wemos D1 Mini which i connect to a 8 INA219 (i'm still looking for something that support's a higher current there) and closes the circuit with a Relay as soon as it hits 4.8A and third would be a mechanical fallback which consist of 5A Fast Blow Fuses. I also implanted a Teensy 3.5 directly onto the board and copyed the shematics from the OctoWS2811 Controller since i did'nt want to add another PCB to it, and could ground everything with a single wire.

The downside is.. I´m just a Hobby Electrican and only know the Basics so i would be glad if someone could check the Shematic and the PCB Layout for me in case i did something wrong.

wohnzimmer_Schaltplan.jpg
wohnzimmer_Leiterplatte.jpg

P.S: On a side note... Why is there a Jumper between Pin 15 and 16 on the WS2811?

Usually I recommend running power as directly as possible from the 5V power supplies to the LED strips. It's best to have Teensy GND and the LED power GND meet at the LED strip inputs, or as close as reasonably possible. If possible, you want to avoid the large LED current flowing through the GND wire between Teensy and the first LED input.

This is also explained on the OctoWS2811 adaptor page.

https://www.pjrc.com/store/octo28_adaptor.html

Wait a second... Did'nt youself say on the Adapter Page that "If Teensy 3.2 will be powered by the LED strip power supply, 5V and ground wires should be run together with the CAT6 cables and connected to the +5V and GND pads on the adaptor boards."

For me that just means what i did... I backfeeded every thing back to the teensy. Even with your setup there will be a high current Flow on the teensy and first LED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back