Can I use two I2S mems mics (Adafruit SPH0645) with Teensy 3.2 with audio shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyT

I am trying to use two adafruit SPH0645 mems mics with I2S interface on the teensy 3.2 for stero sound. I cannot find any information on how to do this. Is it possible to do this? If not is there a different mems mic or teensy board that will allow for two I2S inputs? If so please point my in the right direction.

Thanks,
JimmyT.

Is it this one?

https://www.adafruit.com/product/3421

My understanding (not from actual use) is you're supposed to wire the SEL pin to GND on one mic and to 3.3V on the other mic. Then you just connect power and the 3 I2S signals.

Have you tried asking on Adafruit's forum? If so, please post a link here to whatever answer they give, and a link there to this thread... so anyone else who finds this can access the answers. I'm also kinda curious how the Adafruit folks will answer (if they have an answer....)

If things don't work out and you need more help, please show us photos of how you actually connected all the wires.

Dual I2S problem solved

Hey Paul,

I found the problem, a jumper I was using was defective. Cheap parts from China bought on Amazon. Spent hours on this due to Chinese junk. I did as Adafruit specified, pulled the select pin up on one channel and grounded the other. The other I2S connections were as specified in your documentation. Everything is working now.

Cheers,
JimmyT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back