Creating 4 different frequencies while measuring 8 different duty cycles

Status
Not open for further replies.

arbartz95

I'm working on a project in which I will need to read in the duty cycle of 8 different signals (frequency will be no more than 10kHz) and I will need to output 4 different frequencies (these will be no more than 1kHz, they are simulating wheel speed sensors) of a fixed 50% duty cycle. The measuring of 8 different duty cycles looks like it can be accomplished with the FreqMeasureMulti Library, but I'm stuck on creating the 4 differing frequencies. It looks like there are only 4 timers available, but 1 timer is being used for FreqMeasureMulti, leaving me with only 3 possible frequencies to create.

I'm hoping there is a better way of accomplishing this, so any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,
Austin

You haven't forcibly to rely only on the FTM timers for generating 4 different frequencies. Many roads lead towards Rome. But to make meaningful suggestions, a little more info would be needed:

Are these 4 frequencies fix or are these intended to vary? If fix, are they in some way related, i.e. one is the double of another?

The 4 different frequencies are intended to vary, and they may not always vary together as they are intended to simulate wheel speed sensors. So there could be a case of 3 needing to be fairly close, but 1 that needs to be drastically higher (think having 1 wheel on ice and it spins up while the other 3 are relatively stationary).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back