Arduino 1.8.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulStoffregen

Looks like Arduino just released 1.8.9.

I'm working on an update. Hope to have a 1.46 beta installer to support it... later today. :)

@Paul - Sounds good.

As some of us were mentioning on another thread, that it might be nice to merge my Bluetooth USB Host branch into master (usbhost_t36).

Probably too late to issue PR for this release?

Will look at this in a couple days.

As usual, we'll have ~2 weeks of beta software for 1.8.9 support, where the first week is a time to merge stuff, and the 2nd week is about only bug fixes.

Thanks.

Just so you know, I have plans tomorrow (yes, a day doing something other than working) and today is burned up with converting things over to the new "pluggable discovery" feature of 1.8.9 (which is partly based on code I contributed, but they've changed plenty since then) so Sunday will be the earliest I can look at this.

If anyone else has stuff they want to see merged into a non-beta 1.46 release, now or early next week is the time to speak up. The window for merging feature will close later next week.

Paul,

Also t4 specific, let me know if you want me to do anything with the FlexIO stuff I did, like should some of it be merged into T4 core?

Should I then migrate the code from my FlexSerial code into some other place like SoftwareSerial?

Again no hurry on this stuff as I know there are lots of more important things to get done!

Paul - from T4 thread post 1543 - had to hand edit boards.txt to use FrankB's Compile.cmd - that runs the full installed Arduino Builder from Windows CmdLine ( editor, etc. ).

Since boards.txt isn't on github hoping these changes look safe and easy for you to apply for next beta? IT already works with no change on T_3.x and T_LC but for T4::

1 of 2:: The way the builder runs it seems to expect result HEX name to match the prefix part [ 'teensy4b.' ] to find the file in the end.
line:: teensy4b.build.board=TEENSY40
becomes:: teensy4b.build.board=TEENSY4b

2 of 2:: Also with no Menu.Speed in the end some positional CMD line Arg seems to fail and then so does the build with a NULL 'variable'
After::
teensy4b.menu.usb.disable=No USB
teensy4b.menu.usb.disable.build.usbtype=USB_DISABLED
Add::
teensy4b.menu.speed.600=600 MHz
teensy4b.menu.speed.600.build.fcpu=600000000

Since you don't run Windows may not have followed, but I did an Upgrade to Frank's Hand edited Compile.cmd and posted as github.com/Defragster/Tset. I added a batch file to prompt for and complete the needed Build for any Teensy.

There has to be an equivalent was for Linux users to emulate the batch file - but I haven't looked to learn hard enough yet

This runs with no other changes to kick off installed Arduino Builder with TeensyDuino installed - On Windows. I customized for SublimeText and 'F7' does a rebuild and upload is complete in under 6 seconds - using TyCommander. And Sublime Parses console output to take you to any Error file in the build.

The above would help for each install. The below is likely for future as it will change when the 1062 comes online...
BONUS for FrankB - did you look at adding " imxrt-size.exe for T4 to show segment allocations? :: Teensy-4-0-First-Beta-Test
Code:
C:\\Arduino\\hardware\\teensy/../tools/teensy_post_compile" -file=sketch_feb10a.ino "-path=c:\\temp\\arduino_build_965921" "-tools=C:\\Arduino\\hardware\\teensy/../tools/" -board=TEENSY40
cmd /c "C:\\Arduino\\hardware\\teensy\\..\\tools\\arm\\bin\\arm-none-eabi-gcc-nm -n c:\\temp\\arduino_build_965921\\sketch_feb10a.ino.elf | C:\\Arduino\\hardware\\teensy\\..\\tools\\imxrt-size"
ITCM :   5056 B    ( 3.86% of  128 KB)
DTCM :   8896 B    ( 6.79% of  128 KB)
OCRAM:      0 B    ( 0.00% of  256 KB)
Flash:  11984 B    ( 0.76% of 1536 KB)
"C:\\Arduino\\hardware\\teensy/../tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-size" -A "c:\\temp\\arduino_build_965921/sketch_feb10a.ino.elf"
Der Sketch verwendet 6496 Bytes (0%) des Programmspeicherplatzes. Das Maximum sind 1572864 Bytes.
Globale Variablen verwenden 8896 Bytes (3%) des dynamischen Speichers, 253248 Bytes für lokale Variablen verbleiben. Das Maximum sind 262144 Bytes.
If it is no Teensy4, there is no additional output.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back