Teensy 3.2 Noise generated by analogread

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeahtuna

Hi, all. I have a problem with noise in my opamp circuit for reading an AC signal. Based on my tests, the noise appears to be generated by the call to analogRead. Below is the output of my scope. Each spike is related to a call to analogRead. Below the image of the scope, is diagram of the opamp circuit. Does anyone know how I can modify my circuit to get rid of that noise?
SDS00004.png
circuit.jpg

The "problem" might be that you have added capacitors to Vcc and to the buffered Vcc/2 after the first op-amp. Both sources are Lo-Z, so that there is no true RC low-pass filter effect. I'd modify the circuit as follows:
fullsizeoutput_20e6.jpg

fwiw, not 100% whether that's what you're seeing, but i remember i had weird noise issues when directly interfacing the T3.x ADCs with an op amp. a small series resistor (51R or so) fixes/d it.

No dice. Thanks for your suggestions, though. I don't think there's anything I can do. Even if I connect the teensy input pin directly to Vcc/2, GND or VCC, I still get that noise.

Then, you'd check if this noise gets through to the ADC results. It might be that the sampled results are ok, though, since the the integration period of these SAR-delta-sigma converters is probably longer than these spikes. Or it might be that you just see false positives because of a too high oscilloscope probe ground lead inductance...

I'm not trying to minimize your problem with words. But what I wrote above are effects which I have already seen.

It's definitely causing small problems with the ADC; I wouldn't have hooked up the scope in the first place if there wasn't an issue. The noise level isn't so much terrible as it is a nuisance that I can live with. If I ever come across a fix, I'll report it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back