Porting Ardunio-CNC Firmware to Teensy 3.5 - Advice on Pin Usage Requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

madgrizzle

I'm working on a project to port firmware for MaslowCNC (www.maslowcnc.com) designed for an arduino Mega to a Teensy 3.5. The reason is that I need to add more motors for a project I'm working on (5 motors vs. the 3 the current system supports) and the Mega just doesn't have enough pins to support it as well as enough horsepower to do what I want. I've gotten the code to compile on the teensy with a few code library substitutions but am running into problems with getting the motors to operate properly. Each motor's H-bridge needs two PWM signals (in1/in2, etc.), two interrupt-driven encoder inputs (encoderxA/xB), and (optionally) an error flag input(Enx) though the software ignores setting the error flag at this time. I've developed this pinout that I thought would work, but it's not really working well. I'm chasing things down in software and have ordered an oscope to help, but is there anything inherently wrong with my pin selection? I avoid pins 3 and 4 because the software uses TimerOne (my understanding is that if you use TimerOne, you can not do analogWrite to Pins 3 and 4)

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back