24 encoders on a Teensy 3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardFerraro

I have successfully integrated a Teensy 3.6, 24 RGB encoders, 7" touch screen, and a joystick.
I am using the Nextion 7" 800x480 touch screen which I have commented on previously.
I am using the i2C Encoder V2 encoders
https://www.tindie.com/products/Sai...ultiple-encoder-on-i2c-bus/?pt=ac_prod_search

I have left a review on that site. In summary, they work great. I wasn't sure about 24 i2c devices on a single bus so I used three of the Teensy's i2c busses.
My encoders are organized in three rows of 8 encoders each. So, one bus for each row.
I selected the RGB encoders which have a rgb led inside. Each encoder has a push switch which is useful.

I attach a front and side view. Please excuse the cluttered user interface. It is only intended for my use. There are techniques for using two or more background image for each page that has all of the controls on it, each image corresponding to the possible states (e.g., two images for off and on states, three images for 3 radio button states. The controls are then transparent and show high quality widgets (as opposed to my clunky rectangles).

Richard

Attachments

• front panelS.jpg
    front panelS.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 97
  • sideViewS.jpg
    sideViewS.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 109
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back