Performing hardware reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkot

Hello,
I have already used teensy in a couple of projects. Recently the need to have a hardware reset capability turned up, but I don't know how to do it. I can do a SW reset and all that - and this is the way I managed so far - but this time I need a HW reset due to a customer's requirement.
Obviously, by pulling the RESET pin low, the chip does reset, only that what is run next - by design - is the bootloader, which listens to the USB for a new program and NOT the user application. The bootloader will wait for ever in programming mode, right?
So here is the question: How can I actually give a hardware reset through the external RESET pin that has the same effect as the power-on reset? Can the bootloader get tricked that some (bogus) programming has ended and it is time to jump to the start of the user program?
Has anybody solved the problem of HW-resetting a teensy in any possible way, beyond than just interrupting the 5V?

There is no easy answer for this on Teensy 2.0.

But the not-so-easy answer is you can do it if you drive the HWB pin high. It has a 1K resistor that keeps it low.

schematic2.png

Thanx for the fast reply, you are always very helpful!
So lets summarize, for the benefit of others who might be interested:
I will force HWB=1, then pulse the RESET pin. I should then expect the application to start instead of the bootloader.
(In fact, this has the same effect as the power-on reset.)
If I ever need to reprogram the Teensy, I will let HWB be pulled down to low, exactly as it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back