Teensy 3.6 USB-Host Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinZ

Is it possible to send audio data to the Teensy3.6's USB-Host port, to connect it with a USB-Audio Interface?
There are a lot of USB audio interfaces, expensive combinations like a ZOOM R24 -audio recorder/mixer, the Yamaha THR10 guitar practising amp,
, or cheap devices like
Behringer U-phoria UM2
Using something like this with the teensy would add a very good Audio I/O to the teensy 3.6 without using the audio shield.

The nice audio library seems to cover the first (Micro-USB) port only, not the soldered USB-OTG connector and is intended for audio exchange to and from a PC, not form or to a device.
Or have I missed some information?

Yes, of course possible - if you write the code for it :) I'm not aware of a ready-to-use solution.

Perhaps i would even do that...

But Paul Stoffregen wrote both the libraries "Audio" and "USB_host_t3".

I would prefer him to integrate it in his own style. I think, he is much better than me in these things.

Not sure, how much effort it would be. Perhaps I am wrong, but it seems to me, that most of the necessary stuff is already there. Because "Audio.h" library can send audio data to USB and "USB_host_t3" can send data to USB-Host-port.

But how can that be bound together?

My guess is you want code for the usb host to output in Audio format...

Sorry I am probably not the best one to do such as I don’t do much with Audio

Also busy with trying to integrate Bluetooth support as well as storage to usb host...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back