Teensy 3.2 serial port pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I made a mistake when allocation Teensy3.2 and foolishly used the CAN bus Tx-Rx pins for UART serial comms on a PCB. Is it possible to reallocate the pins so that the CAN Bus Tx-Rx pins can become either Serial2 or Serial3 so I don't have to cut tracks?

I've looked at the core software pins header file but the serial port pins are not obvious.

Regards,

Mike

You can find a copy of the pin reference card here.

If there are serial port pins still available on your pcb you can jumper them directly and define the CAN pins as DISABLE in your pin definitions.

Thanks for your response grease-lightning.

I have the card you're referring to so I'm aware of all the ports configured on the Teensy 3.2. As far as I understand the microcontroller has a multiplex function that allow ports to be configured and assumed that was handled by the Teensy 3.2 core but I don't know how. The last resort will be a short term solution cutting tracks and wiring until I can rework the PCB design.

You are correct in stating there is a multiplexer behind every pin. Only some of the pins can be used though. On he card there a pin labels that are a lighter shade of grey, those are the alternate functions available on those specific pins. For instance TX1 & RX1 are pins 1 & 0. Their alternates are on pins 5 & 21. to be able to use those pins as serial1 you must re-direct the mux before you start the serial1 by doing this:

Serial1.setRX (21);
Serial1.setTX (5);

Sometimes Google is a better search engine to find stuff hereon the forum. To fnd the above info I Googled <teensy alternate pin functions> and found this reference post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back