Eurorack teensy experimenter protoshield

Status
Not open for further replies.

propa

I think I'm just about to start routing this board in eagle, has a few submini toggle switches, a few nice Arcade-y D6 pushbuttons, some pots connected to analog pins and I found a teensyCV project and took a massive heap from the design using opamp's to get the inputs and outputs to the correct voltage.

TeensyAudioProtoShield v0.3.jpg

I think it looks all right, but in the TeensyCV project one of the outputs of the opamps is going to the reset pin on the teensy. Is there another way to access the reset pin than that little solder pad on the board? Seems complicated to try and solder boards together, maybe I could tie a wire together from the shield to the bottom of the teensy, but it doesn't seem the most robust solution.

The other question before I start routing is about the layout of the audio board, are the "line ins" broken out from the chip on the audio board and only accessable via those pins on the shield? If so is there also specs on the layout of the pins on the audio board as well?

Cheers, and if you're in the uk I'd be happy to send one of the pcb's, as I'm only going to need one.

The other question before I start routing is about the layout of the audio board, are the "line ins" broken out from the chip on the audio board and only accessable via those pins on the shield? If so is there also specs on the layout of the pins on the audio board as well?

The lineouts and the lineins are not accessible via anywhere else other than on the audio board. In the audio board schematic they are broken out from the SG chip to unlabelled header pins.

The easiest way I can think right now to get the correct pin positions of the line in/out holes would be to bitmap trace a picture of the audio board, scale the outer perimeter to the known dimensions of the board, and import that guide into eagle; overlay the guide onto the board, place 0.1in header pin and align with the guide. I think this method could be fraught with mistakes. It counts on the original image being accurate, the scan being accurate and the placement of the row being accurate. Could easily go wrong!

Results from scanning.png

This is the results from scanning a photo of the audio board. I don't think this method will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back