2 Teensy 3.6's burned out

Status
Not open for further replies.

fifi0407

Hi.

Unfortunately, my teensy 3.6's burned out. But what is worse is that I could not find out the reason. In both of them, I cut the link between Vusb and Vin. Then connected them to my computer. I used 3.0 V to power my teensys. In the first case, as soon as the program had been uploaded, I removed batteries so that I can start the program whenever I want (it was because of program writing to EEPROM when it is initialized). The thing is when I repowered my teensy, it did not work, I connected it to my computer, but no hope; the computer did not see teensy.

In the second case, again I connected the teensy to the computer and powered it via 3 V battery. It was working: its led was turned on. Moreover, I added sd card to its sd slot. There were not any other component. Then opened "read-write" examples in SD.h library and uploaded it. Accidentally, I had chosen Arduino instead of Teensy for a microcontroller option, but it has not ever created a problem. Then suddenly teensy turned off and did not come back again.

It is really surprising. If I cannot find the reason I can burn other teensys also. Do you have any idea what can cause this problem? Maybe they did not burn but there is any other problem. I searched on the Internet but could not find. I would be really happy if anyone can help me.

Thank you in advance.

Yes, I know that teensy is so fragile. Thus, I tested battery before using it, it was 3 and even below;
like 2.97.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back