Unable to get started with simple WAV player

Status
Not open for further replies.

snusmumriken

I'm new to Teensy (after Arduinos), so have rather a lot of learning to do.

After playing at flashing the on-board LED and testing the hardware setup, I have uploaded the WavFilePlayer sketch from Examples/Audio/Tutorial, and have the Teensy 3.2 + audio shield connected to the USB of my laptop. No other attachments. Initially it starts to play SDTEST1.WAV quite nicely with a decent sound (in ear buds), but that soon breaks up into a very loud repetitive racket like a jackhammer. SDTEST2.WAV makes that racket right from the start.

The SD card is 8GB, newly formatted (not quick format).

What have I done wrong, please?

Often, this a bad or too long connection to the Audioshield. Or you did not solder the pins.
Can you post a photo?

Often, this a bad or too long connection to the Audioshield. Or you did not solder the pins.
Can you post a photo?

Thanks, photos attached DSC_1034sm.jpgDSC_1035sm.jpg.

I've used the headers that were recommended for the purpose by the UK importer. They still have about 4mm projecting below the Teensy board too, pending circuit development on the breadboard.

Hm, that looks good (If the pins are soldered to the Teensy, too)
Is it reproducable? The first file works a while, the second distorted from beginning? If yes, may be an issue with the card , and an other card or reformatting might help.

OK, I'll try that with a fresh SD card. One thing I was uncertain about: should I choose FAT (Windows default) or FAT32?

Right, we're in business!! Tried a fresh, re-formatted micro SD card (default FAT), and everything is working great. Astonishing sound quality, which is exactly what I wanted. Many thanks for your help.

One further question: while I am developing the sketch for my own needs, how do I interrupt play safely (i.e. without corrupting open files on the SD card)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back