Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: FlexCAN_T4 - FlexCAN for Teensy 4

Ive been using the TI transceiver that mjs linked to with a T4 on a 2016 Golf GTI with no issues.
    Been working solid for the past 6 months on both the T3.2/T4

I very quickly tried wiring up a spare transceiver this morning (same one as before), and this time there were no messages coming through. I'd cut out the 120 ohm resistor, and wired it to pins 0 and 1 instead. I'll double check wiring and everything when I get home today, but it's starting to seem like those transceivers might be the issue. I should have the waveshare unit waiting for me when I get home too, so I'll give that one a try tonight.
    Thanks for all the help and feedback, everyone.

Even though this may have been mentioned, can you conform TX on the Teensy is going to TX on the transceiver and the same for RX on both side?
    I initially was getting nothing, until I discovered it should be wired as above.

That was the way I had it wired up, yes. I may have messed it up this morning in my rush trying the second transceiver, but I found a little more info about people having trouble with this particular board.
    Hopefully the waveshare board fixes the issue tonight.

Tried out the Waveshare board: it works! Does exactly what I'd hoped.
    Will try the previous transceiver board one more time just for fun (I think I may have plugged in CanH/L to a couple of analog inputs instead of the Can ports in my haste this morning).

Quote Originally Posted by mikey.antonakakis View Post
    Tried out the Waveshare board: it works! Does exactly what I'd hoped.
    Will try the previous transceiver board one more time just for fun (I think I may have plugged in CanH/L to a couple of analog inputs instead of the Can ports in my haste this morning).
    Did you have a play around with the other transceiver board?

I get very odd behaviour when not using a Waveshare board too. Similar projects fwiw, mine is a dash display for a DTA ECU.

My experience is repeated data packets, rather than all of them. I get this with waveshare knock-offs as well as the smaller Sn65 boards, but as soon as I use a Waveshare board, boom it works.

Haven't had a chance yet... the project my Teensy is contributing to needed a LOT of other stuff (I had to fabricate a full exhaust system, among many other things) - but as of yesterday, the car is driving, so I should have a little time to test out the other transceiver this week. With the Waveshare board, the Teensy is doing an awesome job, I'll share some details when I get a chance to write things up.