Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: PlatformIO project creation problems

PlatformIO project creation problems

I'm having difficulty with Platformio picking up my libraries and other problems with IntelliSense. I figured I'd start a fresh project and copy in files one by one. But in one of my header files, I get an error near the top. One error was a comment, and another was a #define.

#include errors detected. Please update your includePath. Squiggles are disabled for this translation unit (/home/michalk/Documents/PlatformIO/Projects/Feedinator/src/main.cpp).

How can it be an include error for a #define or a comment line?

Yeah, IntelliSense often can't find the files included by your source code... I don't use PlatformIO anymore, but Makefile builds only and my settings are

Code:
    {
        "C_Cpp.intelliSenseEngine": "Tag Parser", //"Tag Parser",
        "C_Cpp.default.cppStandard": "c++14",
        "C_Cpp.default.intelliSenseMode": "gcc-x64",
        "C_Cpp.default.includePath": [
            "${workspaceFolder}/includes",
            "${workspaceFolder}/../../platform/libraries/teensy/avr/cores/teensy3/**",
            "${workspaceFolder}/../../platform/libraries/local/**",
            "${workspaceFolder}/../../platform/libraries/teensy/avr/libraries/**"
        ]
    }
    Using "Tag Parser" is the only solution I found to have IntelliSense not complaining - But code completion as-you-type is LESS smarter than with the "default" setting.

Thanks for the tip. I got frustrated, and moved on with importing my project. After a while, it seemed to figure things out.
    I prefer Eclipse, but VSCode/platformio is better than the Arduino IDE and Sloeber. Now if someone could figure out a good debugger.

You'll never be able to debug on Teensy, at least without tough hardware mod

Yeah, IntelliSense often can't find the files included by your source code... I don't use PlatformIO anymore, but Makefile builds only...
    Just installed the May update (0.23.0) of the c/c++ extension which seems to fix a lot of the intellisense issues. At least for me it now reliably finds the headers. However, I'm not using Platform.io but VisualTeensy to generate my makefiles

Good to know, I had the update too but did not tried to reverd to "default"... I'll give it a try