PlatformIO project creation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianmichalk

I'm having difficulty with Platformio picking up my libraries and other problems with IntelliSense. I figured I'd start a fresh project and copy in files one by one. But in one of my header files, I get an error near the top. One error was a comment, and another was a #define.

#include errors detected. Please update your includePath. Squiggles are disabled for this translation unit (/home/michalk/Documents/PlatformIO/Projects/Feedinator/src/main.cpp).

How can it be an include error for a #define or a comment line?

Yeah, IntelliSense often can't find the files included by your source code... I don't use PlatformIO anymore, but Makefile builds only and my settings are

Code:
{
    "C_Cpp.intelliSenseEngine": "Tag Parser", //"Tag Parser",
    "C_Cpp.default.cppStandard": "c++14",
    "C_Cpp.default.intelliSenseMode": "gcc-x64",
    "C_Cpp.default.includePath": [
        "${workspaceFolder}/includes",
        "${workspaceFolder}/../../platform/libraries/teensy/avr/cores/teensy3/**",
        "${workspaceFolder}/../../platform/libraries/local/**",
        "${workspaceFolder}/../../platform/libraries/teensy/avr/libraries/**"
    ]
}

Using "Tag Parser" is the only solution I found to have IntelliSense not complaining - But code completion as-you-type is LESS smarter than with the "default" setting.

Thanks for the tip. I got frustrated, and moved on with importing my project. After a while, it seemed to figure things out.
I prefer Eclipse, but VSCode/platformio is better than the Arduino IDE and Sloeber. Now if someone could figure out a good debugger.

Yeah, IntelliSense often can't find the files included by your source code... I don't use PlatformIO anymore, but Makefile builds only...

Just installed the May update (0.23.0) of the c/c++ extension which seems to fix a lot of the intellisense issues. At least for me it now reliably finds the headers. However, I'm not using Platform.io but VisualTeensy to generate my makefiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back