Main chip of Teensy 3.2 Overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuamang

Hello , I have some problem on my project. I build the project to Send Value by Serie Communication like the picture that I attach Presentation1.jpg
I use external Power and I already cut pad between Vin and VUSB . But Sometime my Teensy getting hot some device and Dead . Some Device It's working but Heating around 70 Celcuis at Main chip .I don't know why . Could anyone can explain why ? .
I read some article they said about Overcurrent / Overvoltage at I/O pin , Power Surge or ESD . Please Help :(

The picture doesn't suggest how the LED strips get power and GND. Do the high temps continue when the LEDS are disconnected?

The picture doesn't suggest how the LED strips get power and GND. Do the high temps continue when the LEDS are disconnected?

I use power from Buck Converter to give Teensy and LED Strip (Same Source).After Teensy getting hot It's still hot all the time even I disconnect all component.

That may help somebody spot something - a photo of the actual build might as well.

Question picture in p#1 show a number 'n'. Will this happen with a single unit - or only multiples connected? Does high heat or Death follow any of the buck converters?

When it gets hot and everything disconnected - and it stays hot - if unplugged and repowered does it go to normal operating temp?

I've not gotten any Teensy processor that hot - not sure what could be in the code that would do that. Might be interesting to pick a free pin for INPUT_PULLUP and then run the code normally when it is HIGH and when it goes low shutdown all the code except go to a simple blink loop and toggle the pin 13 LED and see if the temp drops.

What is this part?

ss.jpg

In the past, we've seen trouble caused by certain step-down power supplies, especially Traco. Many of them require extra capacitors at their input and output. The Traco one in particular has a misleading datasheet which says the input cap is only needed if using a higher input voltage. Testing has shown it becomes horribly unstable without the capacitor in certain situations, like a battery that's low or with lengthy wires connecting to the input power.

Last edited:
Others can chime in and verify my assumptions but I see a potential ground loop issue between your different teensy that could cause power to source back and cause damage. I would look at using rs485 chips to interface your teensy and then utilize dc dc isolation with otpoisolators. This will keep the ground loops from damaging your teensy

What is this part?

View attachment 16612

In the past, we've seen trouble caused by certain step-down power supplies, especially Traco. Many of them require extra capacitors at their input and output. The Traco one in particular has a misleading datasheet which says the input cap is only needed if using a higher input voltage. Testing has shown it becomes horribly unstable without the capacitor in certain situations, like a battery that's low or with lengthy wires connecting to the input power.

This is Volt Regulator I buy from aliexpress
https://th.aliexpress.com/item/Mini...108.1000016.1.1ff55e32XD1kDw&isOrigTitle=true

Could you suggest me the good one of regulator . Thank you Sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back