Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Programming the Teensy 3.6 chip

Programming the Teensy 3.6 chip

Hello All,

I have a general question. What is the best way to programme Teensy3.6 chip only and mounted on a separate PCB board instead of having the whole board?

Many thanks in advance

Siavassh

Design the board to Teensy specs and include the PJRC bootloader MCU chip found on the PJRC.com website.

There is a Paul Stoffregen T_3.6 Reference board published on OSH Park shared boards

I looked at the page you mentioned but I think this is not what I want.

f.g. I programmed the Teensy3.6 board, and I just want to take the microcontroller and use it on another electronic board to minimise the space. What can I do for this?

I appreciate your help.

Regards,
    Siavash

So, are you saying you wish to buy nothing from PJRC?

I do buy many things fromPJRC.

It is about learning how to program chip without extra parts (like Teensy and Arduino) and use it externally. In many of projects, I used Teensy.

Quote Originally Posted by siavash.esfahani View Post
    I just want to take the microcontroller and use it on another electronic board to minimise the space
    A Teensy is not only a microcontroller.
    It's a carefully engineered development board which contains a Kinetis K66 microcontroller plus a bootloader chip (MLK02) which runs a special, custom firmware created by PJRC.

So: if you want your custom board to act like a Teensy (and you want to program it using Teensy tools), you have to purchase a MLK02 or 04 pre-programmed chip from PJRC.

If you are only interested in the NXP Kinetis K66 microcontroller, just purchase it and use it with NXP development tools.

Thanks a lot, XFer.

Now I understand.