Help using Teensy 3.5 as Smart Peripheral in older Industrial Controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neon2

Hello,

I would like to use a Teensy 3.5 as smart peripheral in an old Z80 based industrial controller. The industrial controller is a wire wrapped board with extra room that would easily accommodate an Teensy 3.5 as a 40 pin DIP 5V device.

I can write the Z80 assembler side of the interface but don't know what interface options I have on the Teensy side.

Are their any examples that I can read up on within this forum or on other forums?

I have access to the Z80 address and data bus so I can use either I/O or memory based interface.

Since the Teensy is so powerful I wondered if I could support command and data buffers and how deep they could be.

I would really like to communicate to the industrial controller via the Teensy's USB interface and be able to load jobs and check job progress that way.

Since the Z80 is slow (4Mhz) and the Teensy is fast would I be able to leverage Arduino libraries and be able to get the functionality using Sketches?

Lastly, is there any type of Teensy 3.5 "DIP" like socket that would pick up all the extra pins on the bottom the board.

Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Lastly, is there any type of Teensy 3.5 "DIP" like socket that would pick up all the extra pins on the bottom the board.

Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.
I'll let somebody else answer the hard questions. There are several solutions for accessing the underneath pins:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back