Full-Size USB host shield with Teensy 3.5 gives some weird errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

danell

Hi! I have two kind of usb host shields that I'm trying to get working with my teensy 3.5. The first shield is a Keyes USB host Shield, the big blue normal one. The other one is a Sparkfun shield.
When I plug them into my Arduino Uno and run board_qc everything works flawlessly but when I then move over to my teensy I get:
"Reading REVISION register... Die revision invalid. Value returned: 09"
I have seen value 00 and FF as errors if some cable isn't connected but I have never seen 09.
I moved over each pin from the arduino to the teensy equally, 9 to 9, 10 to 10 and so on. The only pin I'm not sure of is the resest pin. I plug it into teensyns reset pin but it still gives me 09.

I'm using the USB_Host_Shield_2.0 library and I'm running both USB Host shield boards at 3.3v

Any suggestion why this could be?
Thanks!

I’d suggest to move over to a Teensy 3.6 which has an onboard USB host.

What if you want three connections, placing the Teensy 3.6 in the middle between a USB device and a USB Host, with a 3rd connection to a PC. Is there enough onboard USB on the 3.6 to address all three, or is there a way to use a serial connection for the PC?

I will second what @KurtE said about luck with those shields.

One of things to check is that for the Keyes and some of the other shields "ICSP connector is used by the shield to send/receive data using SPI interface. SCK, MOSI, MISO and RESET signals from this connector are used." This is the Arduino 2x3 connector - some of the shields pick up SPI signals from the ICSP connector versus the edge pins.

For the sparkfun shield would also recommend reading the comments that are made on how they got it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back