Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Teensy Joystick axes not detected on Windows 10 only

Teensy Joystick axes not detected on Windows 10 only

I built a custom force-sensitive keyboard device that records analog inputs from force sensors and outputs them as Joystick axes from a Teensy 3.6 (a simple example can be found HERE).

I have 4 Teensy 3.6 boards. The issue I'm having only occurs with 1 of the boards. Unfortunately, that Teensy is soldered onto a very specific circuit board so I can't easily swap it off. The Arduino code I'm trying to run on it is HERE.

When I plug the device into one of two Windows 10 laptops I have, it recognizes the device as a Serial/Keyboard/Mouse/Joystick. However, if I go into the Windows "game controller" menu, none of the Joystick axes appear. The device works perfectly fine on a Windows 7 desktop, as well as on any Mac I try (OSX 10.9+). A comparison of what I see on the "game controller" menu can be found HERE.

No matter what sketch I upload to this specific Teensy, the Joystick axes are not recognized on these Windows 10 laptops. Furthermore, if I upload the exact same sketch to ANOTHER Teensy board, the axes are being recognized fine by the exact same Windows 10 laptops.

I'm very confused as I can't imagine what is specific about this Teensy, other than that it is soldered to a specific board. The wiring diagram and board layout can be found here, if that helps at all. The 3-pin connections are TE FS20 force sensors and the 10-pin connections are TPA2012 breakout boards.

I'm planning on just replacing the board at this point, but would really like to figure out what's going on.

Thank you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vibe-keyboard-progress.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	149.1 KB 
ID:	16720  

After digging around some more, it looks like these issues have cropped up before with random windows machines:
    https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/23566...lem-workaround
    https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/1319-...topped-working

I'll try their workarounds and see if that fixes things!

I managed to (at least partially) implement the solution from https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/23566...lem-workaround

Basically, you need to delete all registry keys with VID_16c0. Unfortunately, there are a LOT of these. I deleted the main ones I could find, and the Joystick starts working again right away. However, if you restart the computer, the problem comes back and you need to re-delete those keys. So I think there are still some more keys I need to delete. Will update if I find any easy way to do this.