Teensy Joystick axes not detected on Windows 10 only

efun

I built a custom force-sensitive keyboard device that records analog inputs from force sensors and outputs them as Joystick axes from a Teensy 3.6 (a simple example can be found HERE).

I have 4 Teensy 3.6 boards. The issue I'm having only occurs with 1 of the boards. Unfortunately, that Teensy is soldered onto a very specific circuit board so I can't easily swap it off. The Arduino code I'm trying to run on it is HERE.

When I plug the device into one of two Windows 10 laptops I have, it recognizes the device as a Serial/Keyboard/Mouse/Joystick. However, if I go into the Windows "game controller" menu, none of the Joystick axes appear. The device works perfectly fine on a Windows 7 desktop, as well as on any Mac I try (OSX 10.9+). A comparison of what I see on the "game controller" menu can be found HERE.

No matter what sketch I upload to this specific Teensy, the Joystick axes are not recognized on these Windows 10 laptops. Furthermore, if I upload the exact same sketch to ANOTHER Teensy board, the axes are being recognized fine by the exact same Windows 10 laptops.

I'm very confused as I can't imagine what is specific about this Teensy, other than that it is soldered to a specific board. The wiring diagram and board layout can be found here, if that helps at all. The 3-pin connections are TE FS20 force sensors and the 10-pin connections are TPA2012 breakout boards.

I'm planning on just replacing the board at this point, but would really like to figure out what's going on.

Thank you!

Attachments

• vibe-keyboard-progress.jpg
    vibe-keyboard-progress.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 98
I managed to (at least partially) implement the solution from https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/23566-Teensyduino-USB-Joystick-no-data-driver-problem-workaround

Basically, you need to delete all registry keys with VID_16c0. Unfortunately, there are a LOT of these. I deleted the main ones I could find, and the Joystick starts working again right away. However, if you restart the computer, the problem comes back and you need to re-delete those keys. So I think there are still some more keys I need to delete. Will update if I find any easy way to do this.

I managed to (at least partially) implement the solution from https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/23566-Teensyduino-USB-Joystick-no-data-driver-problem-workaround

Basically, you need to delete all registry keys with VID_16c0. Unfortunately, there are a LOT of these. I deleted the main ones I could find, and the Joystick starts working again right away. However, if you restart the computer, the problem comes back and you need to re-delete those keys. So I think there are still some more keys I need to delete. Will update if I find any easy way to do this.

Hi, just wondered if you managed to solve the issues by deleting all of the registry entries?

I have exactly thesame issue - I have two different Teensy 4.0 boards and the same code. One behaves perfectly but the other one has the axis missing in Windows.

Back