Programming interface like AVR-ISP / JTAG Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankpp

Hi,

maybe I got something wrong or I did not understand the architecture.
Would it be possible to build a programming interface (like AVR-ISP) instead of using one peace of https://www.pjrc.com/store/ic_mkl02.html on every board.

It's not due to saveing money or something else...In my project, beeing developed in my mind, there is no space left on the pcb for IC und USB connector.

best regards

Frank

You might build a programmer around the MKL02/04 and an USB connector and plan to bring out just PTA0-3, 3V3, GND and Reset_B to a pin header of your PCBs.

You might build a programmer around the MKL02/04 and an USB connector and plan to bring out just PTA0-3, 3V3, GND and Reset_B to a pin header of your PCBs.

Yes, that's what I have in my mind. Not a pin header, more or less testpins to be connected by an programming board.
I did not read the Frescale manual carefully, so the the described pins are what? JTAG? or freescale specific ISP?

Best regards

Frank

Man... Look at the Teensy schematics to see how it's wired and the corresponding explanations of the MKL02/04 and how to build a custom Teensy on the PJRC website. The MKL02/04 acts as a kind of external boot loader, using a custom protocol which Paul calls "the magic sauce" and which is closed source. You basically don't have to understand how it works, you just need to acquire at least one pre-programmed MKL02/04 from PJRC, the rest is automatic.

Man... Look at the Teensy schematics to see how it's wired and the corresponding explanations of the MKL02/04 and how to build a custom Teensy on the PJRC website. The MKL02/04 acts as a kind of external boot loader, using a custom protocol which Paul calls "the magic sauce" and which is closed source. You basically don't have to understand how it works, you just need to acquire at least one pre-programmed MKL02/04 from PJRC, the rest is automatic.

Thanks, I've order some parts for testing.

best regards Frank

It's just important that you buy the MKL02/04 pre-programmed from PJRC. A factory fresh empty MKL02/04 won't do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back