Flight Simulator Control Project!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayi

I just got the teensyduino specifically for a project I have been planning for a while now, a flight simulator. Like everyone else, I am amazed how easy it is to work with. I have no education in electronics or programing, but I am going to school to be an aircraft mechanic, and when I am done I want to go into avionics. Hopefully my experiments with flight simulator systems will help me design avionics systems.

Eventually I want to make a full cockpit simulator, but for now, I am just going to build individual controller parts (panels.) The intent of my project is to make a group of modular controls to make a complete interface without a keyboard or mouse, and make certain functions easier. Most simulator projects simulate a specific aircraft and are pretty rigid in that they can't be changed much.

The first project will be a combination Com/Nav and Autopilot controller/panel. To start with I just want to make a panel with buttons and switches to select between functions, and just a few tuning knobs to tune frequencies on the com/nav side, and course/heading on the autopilot system, with the results displayed on the computer screen. Eventually I will add an LCD screen to display everything and reduce what needs to be displayed elsewhere.

I'm hoping I can come up with some different ideas for controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back