Teensy LC missing key from latam layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Hey everyone!

I've been quite entertained this last 2 days configuring a Teensy LC in order to make it work with an old notebook keyboard I have. Everything works perfectly except for one thing, the latam-layout (latin american spanish) has an extra key that the us-layout lacks: the "<" , ">" dedicated key.

I checked the arduino/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy3/keylayouts.h file to see how it was defined, but the value specified is already taken by another key (F6). The relevant part of the code is as follows:

Code:
// arduino/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy3/keylayouts.h

#define KEY_F6                  (  63  | 0xF000 )

#ifdef LAYOUT_SPANISH_LATIN_AMERICA
#define KEY_NON_US_100      63

#define ASCII_3C    KEY_NON_US_100              // 60 <
#define ASCII_3E    KEY_NON_US_100 + SHIFT_MASK     // 62 >

#endif // LAYOUT_SPANISH_LATIN_AMERICA

I don't know if I'm ding it right but of course if I associate "63" (the value of KEY_NON_US_100) with the ">/<" key it'll trigger "F6" instead. So my question is, how can I map that missing key from the us-layout?
I'm using Arduino 1.8.9 and Teensyduino 1.46. All the Board, USB Type and Keyboard layout parameters are well configured.

Have a great day/evening/night! :)

Thanks for the reply :)
Yes, that's the very same layout.

By the way I'm following this guide. The base Arduino code from where I started is this one: Dell_1525_Keyboard.ino, modified accordingly to match my spanish Dell Inspiron 1420 keyboard.

Ups, never mind. Just read that you can pass literals to the Keyboard.press function without any problem. I think I'll go with that approach instead of the micro manager way.
Thanks anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back