Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Attention WINDOWS 10 Users

Attention WINDOWS 10 Users

If you find that your teensy or any atmel stop connecting to PC with windows 10 2 days ago. No event on usb port, any usb 2.0 3.0 hub.
    Dont take iron as I ))) i have 2 hand made boards with at90usb1286 from time of my ps3 and 2 PC with win10Pro testmode and win10LTSC testmode.
    I check both boards , they was as always, 2 knok knok to tx all good chip locks, simple test with voltmeter ))
    Its not drivers, it is not hardware, it is M$ fix Bluetooth that is working in debug mode (i search for it for a long))
    To fix problem. Go to control panel, programs and apps, manage windows update, and delete KB4503327.
    I dont know why but after that update my boards was gone from devices, any drivers reinstall nothing.

And of course in settings windows update turn off updates. for now.

I have that newest update for last Fall's Win 10 #1809..557 on my machine with no Teensy trouble.

Looking at the MSFT page for that update there is no indication of a fix of problem for the change in that area.

Not generally a good idea to turn off the updates as they generally fix known issues - and when they get behind it can get messed up.

There is a new 6 month version of Windows '1903' as of 5/21/19 - I've put it on a couple of machines to good end ... as long as there isn't a USB drive or SD card plugged in the downloaded files run the update ...

Quote Originally Posted by defragster View Post
    ... as long as there isn't a USB drive or SD card plugged in the downloaded files run the update ...
    KB4503327 is a part of 1809..557, 2 different PC with different versions and same issue.
    This thread i created for people just to know if.

I tried it just now on Windows 10 rev 1809, with Teensy 3.2 as USB Serial. Looks like Windows see it perfectly fine at COM4.

Here's a screenshot with Ardiuno's Ports menu, Windows Device Manager, and the System info (rev 1809).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	16766

That shows you are behind the update noted the KB is .557 and your install is 17763.437 - way behind ...
    My machine as noted can see USB Teensy no problem. Only been out a short time.

Name:	Win10ports557.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	16768

Win 10 updates timeline:

Name:	win10Updates.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	16769

Paul this seems a funny thread - you can just hit Win Update to check.

I could post direct link to get the installer - but there was a Service Stack Update in there somewhere and it may need to do that first.
    Last edited by defragster; 06-14-2019 at 05:44 AM.

You're right. I ran Windows Update. It installed KB4503327. Now I'm at 557. (you can see Windows isn't the OS I use on a daily basis....)

It's still able to detect Teensy 3.2 at COM4.

As an additional test, I uploaded a simple test to a Teensy 3.6, which got detected as COM5. Here's a screenshot with the serial monitor receiving messages on COM5. Seems like everything is working.

Name:	capture.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	156.1 KB 
ID:	16770