Attention WINDOWS 10 Users

Hosted

If you find that your teensy or any atmel stop connecting to PC with windows 10 2 days ago. No event on usb port, any usb 2.0 3.0 hub.
Dont take iron as I ))) i have 2 hand made boards with at90usb1286 from time of my ps3 and 2 PC with win10Pro testmode and win10LTSC testmode.
I check both boards , they was as always, 2 knok knok to tx all good chip locks, simple test with voltmeter ))
Its not drivers, it is not hardware, it is M$ fix Bluetooth that is working in debug mode (i search for it for a long))
To fix problem. Go to control panel, programs and apps, manage windows update, and delete KB4503327.
I dont know why but after that update my boards was gone from devices, any drivers reinstall nothing.

And of course in settings windows update turn off updates. for now.

I have that newest update for last Fall's Win 10 #1809..557 on my machine with no Teensy trouble.

Looking at the MSFT page for that update there is no indication of a fix of problem for the change in that area.

Not generally a good idea to turn off the updates as they generally fix known issues - and when they get behind it can get messed up.

There is a new 6 month version of Windows '1903' as of 5/21/19 - I've put it on a couple of machines to good end ... as long as there isn't a USB drive or SD card plugged in the downloaded files run the update ...

... as long as there isn't a USB drive or SD card plugged in the downloaded files run the update ...

KB4503327 is a part of 1809..557, 2 different PC with different versions and same issue.
This thread i created for people just to know if.

I tried it just now on Windows 10 rev 1809, with Teensy 3.2 as USB Serial. Looks like Windows see it perfectly fine at COM4.

Here's a screenshot with Ardiuno's Ports menu, Windows Device Manager, and the System info (rev 1809).

capture.png

That shows you are behind the update noted the KB is .557 and your install is 17763.437 - way behind ...
My machine as noted can see USB Teensy no problem. Only been out a short time.
Win10ports557.png

Win 10 updates timeline:
win10Updates.jpg

Paul this seems a funny thread - you can just hit Win Update to check.

I could post direct link to get the installer - but there was a Service Stack Update in there somewhere and it may need to do that first.

Last edited:
You're right. I ran Windows Update. It installed KB4503327. Now I'm at 557. (you can see Windows isn't the OS I use on a daily basis....)

It's still able to detect Teensy 3.2 at COM4.

As an additional test, I uploaded a simple test to a Teensy 3.6, which got detected as COM5. Here's a screenshot with the serial monitor receiving messages on COM5. Seems like everything is working.

capture.png

Back