Teensy 3.5 not showing up on Arduino IDE 1.8.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomdouglas

Hi, Folks!

First off, forgive me for not knowing how to use this forum..... Not sure my message got posted earlier.

Mostly, I updated the Arduino IDE from 1.8.7 to 1.8.9. Downloaded Teensy.exe and executed. Downloaded Teensyduino and ran that, all per the "Getting Started" page on pjrc website.

I can pull up the Board list on the IDE but no Teensy is listed. The Port option is grayed out although I can see that avrdude is attempting to connect through COM3.

The fast-blink compile output is attached. Before this, I used the IDE 1.8.7 and several months ago added Teensy 3.5 to it without a hitch.

What am I missing?

Thanks for your help!

Tom D.
Denver, CO

Attachments

• 1_Teensy.txt
    36.9 KB · Views: 55
Hi Tom - first message posted is the indication - glad you stopped back.

If TeensyDuino completed the install - but no Teensy boards show up then the running version is not where TeensyDuino installed - seems you have multiple copies of the IDE and TeensyDuino went on 'the other one'?

However looking at the attached TXT file it shows this:
Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows Store 1.8.21.0) (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Duemilanove or Diecimila, ATmega328P"

TeensyDuino can not install on the STORE copy - it has to be a copy installed from the Arduino 'Software - Downloads' page, but not the 'Windows App' - either download the ZIP and extract to a known directory - or download the installer version for the CURRENT 1.8.9 build { not an hourly or beta build }

If you only want to use Teensy then uninstall the Windows Store copy first. - Even if you do have other Arduino devices - it might be less confusing to uninstall that and just use a single copy installed as above.

It's interesting that the Windows Store version showed up.... I haven't used that version for a few years. I wonder if it didn't completely uninstall.

I took another shot at installing Teensy with success. I uninstalled what appeared to be two installs, and one could have been the Microsoft Store for all I know. Rebooted, installed the IDE, TeensyDuino, Teensy. That brought up Teensy's communications wide open.

Thanks a bunch for your help.

Tom D.
Denver, CO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back