Anyone done a QP-nano state machine framework with Teensy 3.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what it is useful for.. I read a bit about it.. I think it's way easier, more flexible and better to write a few line of c (++) - code (and I don't need to license anything or worry about updates and if it still exists in some years)

Not sure what it is useful for.. I read a bit about it.. I think it's way easier, more flexible and better to write a few line of c (++) - code (and I don't need to license anything or worry about updates and if it still exists in some years)

Thanks. I was just looking for something that looked robust and could grow or handle anything else that came along. I ended up doing pretty much what you suggest with the help of the Automaton Timer Machine and then managed state transitions myself.

Windows is event driven and i have often wondered if a microprocessor could operate this way

my concern is a kernel/app will end up running to recreate a event driven environment but in fact it is just adding a main loop and hiding it from the programmer

a arduino does not have multiple threads - so it must have a main loop ?

Windows was event driven before single core Pentiums.

Arduino basically/literally runs a while(1) from main(). The while(1) just calls loop() over and over - and to handle serialEvent() processing also calls yield() in each loop as well..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back