Teensy 3.2 + prop shield = no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbbrayyy

Hello,

New to this stuff but I have a Teensy 3.2 & prop shield I'm trying to learn on. I've been going through the tutorials/tests found here:

https://www.pjrc.com/store/prop_shield.html

I'm stuck on the audio portion. I've tried following the steps and I've modified the code like this...

"With Teensy 3.2, the Teensy Audio Library can be used to create sounds. Nearly all the audio library examples are designed for the Audio Shield. To adapt them for the Prop Shield, replace "i2s1" with "dac1" in the Design Tool, or AudioOutputI2S with AudioOutputAnalog in the Arduino code. Then delete the SGTL5000 object and any code which uses it."

So I've tried applying this the the "Part_1_02_Hardware_Test" found in the Audio/tutorial examples. Now I don't have ALL the hardware shown in the YouTube video tutorial, I only have the Teensy/Prop Shield USB connected to my laptop and small 4ohm3W speaker attached to the speaker outputs on the shield.

When I upload the code, there is a small POP and I can hear a very light hiss when I put the speaker up to my ear, but not the beeping found in the video.

Am I missing something or could someone point me in the right direction?

First guess … There is an enable AMP Pinmode and digitalwrite required IIRC - did you add those as well?

you also need to connect T3.2 DAC pin to audioIn on the shield

here is a sketch to play a sine wave through DAC to prop shield (you need to start up serial monitor for it to work)
Code:
// prop shield need pin 5
// start monitor to hear sound,  hit key to increase freq
#include <Audio.h>
#include <SerialFlash.h>

// GUItool: begin automatically generated code
AudioSynthWaveformSine   sine1;          //xy=180,469
//AudioSynthWaveformSineHires   sine1;
AudioOutputAnalog        dac1;           //xy=380,468
AudioConnection          patchCord1(sine1, dac1);
// GUItool: end automatically generated code

int freq = 1100;

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);
  while (!Serial);
  Serial.println("Setting up");
  //dac1.analogReference(EXTERNAL);   // louder, default is 1.2v INTERNAL
  pinMode(5, OUTPUT);
  digitalWrite(5, 1);//Enable Amplifier
  AudioMemory(12);
  sine1.amplitude(1.0);
  sine1.frequency(1000);
  Serial.println("Send Serial Char to increase freq");
}

void loop()
{
  if (Serial.available()) {
    Serial.read();
    sine1.frequency(freq);
    Serial.println(freq);
    freq += 100;
  }
}

Thank you for the input. Manitou, the connections were my problem! I was going off the attached pic I found on the Propshield page of PJRC: propshield_wit_speaker.jpg

I soldered heads/sockets to the 5 on the end that this pic shows as not being used. Again, I'm a NOOB. I've been able to run your code and a couple others I've tried before. They seem to be working now. Thank you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back