Is there a NeoPixel "Best Practices" type guide for Teensy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEDLI!

Hi,

Is there a "Best Practices" guide for powering addressable LED strips, low and high power? A guide like Adafruit has in their explore and learn section? https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-neopixel-uberguide/best-practices

Unfortunately, I have damaged two Teensy 3.6's and one of my PC's USB ports because I didn't realize you're not supposed to power the Teensy with 5V while simultaneously connected to USB. A costly lesson, but I am smarter for it. It forced me to dive deeper into the forums and discover where I made my mistakes. With that being said, I still think there should be a guide. I am guessing there is, but I just haven't found it.

P.S. The Audio board tutorials and videos are so well done. Amazing job you guys!

I didn't realize I would get made fun of when posting questions in this educational forum. Very disappointing. Especially from a Senior Member+. You should know better. And for the record, I have a 2 year Associates degree of Applied Science in Electronics Technology - Circa 1988. It has served me well over the years, but you are right . I should have went for the EE. With that being said, I only assumed the Teensy 3.6 would connect and behave like the Arduino Nano did for me, electronically speaking that is. I also assumed it wasn't necessary read the entire datasheet on the Cortex-M4 processor and all the peripherals on-board the Teensy 3.6. If you don't know the answer to the question, please keep your distracting comments to yourself. Why would anyone post a legitimate after what you wrote? It was as good as latching a comment blocker on this. Also for the record, that was my very first post in this forum. Please don't respond to any future questions I might post. I don't trust you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back