A Teensy from 1969

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelephoneBill

With this week being the 50th anniversary of the Moon Landings, I thought I would share a picture of the "Teensy" I was using that same year. It was just over 12 inches long and 2 inches wide. But I'm sure Paul could have made one smaller.

It has a floating point capability to 3 decimal places and takes only 3 seconds to do a multiply :) !!

You can even see the result of multiplying "1.111" by "9" on the lower "X" scale...

SlideRule.jpg

@TelephoneBill

Hey man - still got one of those - but didn't start using it in earnest until 1972. Think at that time it was made by K&E as opposed to PRJC :)

Hopefully this is fine as an offset of Telephone Bill's post about the slide rule.

As some of you know, I am in creating steampunk costumes (sometimes with Teensy).

My current rig is a steampunk 'cellphone', where I try to have different things in modern cellphones represented, and I have my mirrorless camera as part of the build. One of the things I have on it is various finger puppets that I can mascots (or more recently my apps) that do various things.

One of the mascots is "Evah the beavah" (which when I introduce it I say it with a stereotypical Boston accent), that has a sextant to figure out your location, and a slide rule to do the calculation. It took me some time to track down a dollhouse sized slide rule. I recently got a dollhouse abacus and a globe to add to it when I rework the box. If you didn't know it, the beaver is the symbol of MIT (because it is an engineer).
2019-05-10-16-11-014-hidewc.jpg

Here is the full picture of the rig from May:
2019-05-10-16-11-009-hidewc.jpg

Here is the album with larger pictures:

In case you are curious, on the top row there is:
  • The painter squirrel Livinea (named after Livinea Turlock, a female English court painter in the time of Henry VIII & Elizabeth I);
  • The photographer squirrel Nutzo (I always say if I went pro, he would undercut my prices because he works for peanuts);
  • Snap the dragon with a pith helment and dragon cane who is on the lookout;
  • Angry birds on a ballista if you wanted to play a game.

The middle row is:
  • Madeline Pomfriet III (i.e. MP3) who plays music;
  • Olympus E-m5 camera with Olympus 14-54mm mark II lens and Olympus MMF-3 adapter;
  • Evah the beavah with sextant and slide rule.

On the bottom row:
  • Racky the raccoon with tools and a telegraph key (I have Teensy code to fire the camera with the telegraph key, but it isn't hooked up here);
  • Docter Quackenstein, the mad scientist.

Since we've been talking about uncanny eyes in the T4 beta thread, here is a Teensy 3.5 running uncanny eyes with the OLED monitors (SSD1351):
2019-01-23-09-48-003-sfprop.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back