Teensy 3.6 Usb Host talking to NCR 7197 receipt printer USB Type ION (EPIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerryq

Hi All,

I want the Teensy to print directly to the NCR 7197 receipt printer. I modified the Serial.cpp code to accept the VID and PID of the printer (0404 / 0312) as an FTDI chip serial converter (as a test) and was able to print no worries. BUT after pressing the receipt feed button on the printer I cannot print and have to reset the Teensy.

After a bit of poking around on the Internet I see that support for the NCR 7197 printer was added the Linux edgeport driver https://git.edevau.net/Ede_Vau/Linu...mmit/6e8cf7751f9fb913095d6142d068f41fbf0424bb

I plugged the printer directly into a Linux box and echo'd text directly to /dev/ttyUsb1 and it works before and after pressing the paper feed button.

I printed the printers config from the printer itself and it's communcations is as follows:
Communications Interface

Interface Type : RS232/USB
Baud: 9600
Data Bits: 8
Stop Bits: 1
Parity: None
Flow Control : DTR/DSR
Reception Errors: Print '?'
Receive Buffer: 4k Bytes
DSR Signal: enabled
USB Type: ION (EpiC)

My main concern at moment is being able to print after the paper feed button is pressed. Any advice is welcome. I realise that the solution is to write support for the EPIC hardware, but that is a bit beyond my skills at the moment. I am wondering exactly what the printer is doing after the receipt feed button is pressed, it doesn't appear to be sending any data back to the Teensy Host. At least on a 'Serial' level.

Cheers,

Gerry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back