Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: ST7789_t3 (part of ST7735 library) support for displays without CS pin

Good Morning @KurtE

Decided to do some clean up tasks this morning so I created a updated ReadMe for the ST7735 library using words and music from the other libraries. I put the draft in my redo branch: https://github.com/mjs513/ST7735_t3/tree/ST7735_t3_redo. Let me know what you think

@mjs513 - Good morning (almost 5am)...

Looks good on ReadMe...

A couple of things that might be mentioned (or not)..

Since the smaller ST7735 and maybe ST7789 displays have fewer pixels, you can on some of them enable a frame buffer on a T3.2 as well. I believe in this case I did add support for Async updates as well.

If the Teensy has more than one SPI buss. And the IO pins are all on a different SPI buss than that buss will be used. (i.e. you can use SPI1 or SPI2).

With this, on a board such as a T4 or T3.5 or T3.6 you can potentially have three displays all on different SPI busses and using the Async updates you can have all three of them updating their display at the same time.

(Now a few minutes after 5 as had to take dogs out)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtE View Post
    @mjs513 - Good morning (almost 5am)...

Looks good on ReadMe...

A couple of things that might be mentioned (or not)..

Since the smaller ST7735 and maybe ST7789 displays have fewer pixels, you can on some of them enable a frame buffer on a T3.2 as well. I believe in this case I did add support for Async updates as well.

If the Teensy has more than one SPI buss. And the IO pins are all on a different SPI buss than that buss will be used. (i.e. you can use SPI1 or SPI2).

With this, on a board such as a T4 or T3.5 or T3.6 you can potentially have three displays all on different SPI busses and using the Async updates you can have all three of them updating their display at the same time.

(Now a few minutes after 5 as had to take dogs out)
    That's early morning its 8:30 here. I updated the readme with your suggested changes.

Looks Good!

Done! PR submitted. Now I feel better. It was just one of those things that was hanging out there - always bad on documentation.

I have been taking a diversion from some of my other diversions, and thought I would play around with some of the stuff in the st7735_t3 library.

We have been doing different things over the months of trying to make more of our display drivers more compatible with each other, so I thought I would do a quick test,

So I wondered how hard it would be to convert the RA8875 clock or clock2 to ST7789 in current case 240x240...

Not hard... But then wondered what if I displayed a background image how bad would the clock look if there was an image.

I did a real quick and dirty of then enable frame buffer, down image, draw clock, draw hands, tell system to redraw screen. And I ran into some issues, things were not drawing correct with the Frame buffer...

So this morning fixed that. I pushed up to current working branch with open PR... https://github.com/KurtE/ST7735_t3/t...s_maybe_center

Clock hands could improve. Wonder if anyone has a simple rotate draw image, where you can pass in maybe bitmap, sizes, center point and delta angle and maybe a what color is transparent...

May have to play later
    Attached Files Attached Files

Simple update...

I am playing around with drawing the hands, using the idea of rotating logical bitmap that did a quick and dirty define for in the sketch...

It ain't perfect, but did find a bug or two...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1058.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	18914

The hour and minute hands use two different ways to try to figure out best way to rotate the image. The hour hand was done straight forward walk through bitmap if bit is set,
    then convert the image in 2d (https://academo.org/demos/rotation-about-point/) and then displayed.... But I thought it was leaving holes in the output.

Second way was to figure out rough area that might be updated on screen, then for each screen point in the region convert to image position (and see if that bit is set...

There are probably a lot cleaner ways, but was a fun exercise for someone whose math is beyond rusty!
    Attached Files Attached Files