Audio exemples don't show in Arduino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I'm absolute newbie to this, sorry !
I just bought a Teensy 3.5 to try to send audio to a DAC.

I Installed the latest Arduino IDE along with Tensyduino
In tensyduino there are examples, one of wich is audio
Bad luck it is the only one that is not showing in the Arduino under Teensy 3.5 examples
In fact at the first install it was there, than it disapeared, and I couldn't reinstall it.
I tried to uninstall Arduino, Re Install Arduino, Re Install Tensyduino, NO WAY !!!
The Teensy looks like working as I can upload sketches.
Teensy 3.5.jpg
Any idea of what I'm missing ?:confused:

Thanks,
Jean

What shows doing a file open to here ( on my windows machine ) starting in your Arduino directory :: 'Arduino_dir'\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio\examples

Assuming the IDE was closed during TeensyDuino install? Perhaps multiple Arduino installs? Though being able to select T_3.5 suggests TeensyDuino was installed on this copy of IDE. 'Quit' the IDE and start it again ...

Hello defragster,

Thank you for your answer.
The audio examples are in 'Arduino_dir'\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio\ examples
So, although, I can't access from the Arduino IDE, I can access to the examples directly from the directory
Window get me crazy !

Great, something mixed up with your Windows install and IDE getting along ... any spaces or ODD chars in the path to the IDE "Arduino_dir"?

I don't think that someting is wrong as all the other examples are listed from the IDE. Anyway, I can Try the examples from the directory, that's fine, I don't want to spend time on this.

Thank you
Jean

Just an idea in case other things show up as odd. Other examples come from other places than that one, but they all normally work.

First, reboot. This is a "strange Windows problem", so start from a clean reboot without any programs running.

Temporarily disable Windows Defender, and also any other anti-virus protection (these interfere with installing files in some computers). Then run the Teensyduino installer again. On the installer step where it asks about libraries, make sure Audio is selected. The default is for all libs to install.

After installation, turn anti-virus protection back on. Hopefully when you run Arduino again the Audio lib will be present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back