Teensy 3.6 USB Differential Pair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay8ee

Hi there.

I'm powering my Teensy 3.6 with an external power source (a LiPo battery circuit connected to Vin), this works great.

So I can still program the Teensy I am using this USB C breakout board. I've tried connecting the D+ & D- to the Teensys equivalent pins (the ones just inset from pins 2, 3, 4) but I cannot get anything to happen, the PC never detects the device.

Is there anything else I have to do to use the DP DM breakout wholes on the Teensy?

Thanks.

Hi there.

I'm powering my Teensy 3.6 with an external power source (a LiPo battery circuit connected to Vin), this works great.

So I can still program the Teensy I am using this USB C breakout board. I've tried connecting the D+ & D- to the Teensys equivalent pins (the ones just inset from pins 2, 3, 4) but I cannot get anything to happen, the PC never detects the device.

Is there anything else I have to do to use the DP DM breakout wholes on the Teensy?

Thanks.

maybe GND?

Hi there.

Thanks.

The pins labelled DP(+) / DM(-) inset from the pin 2 to 4 area are for a separate USB Host device connection - this is noted on the back of the T_3.6 card.

The USB Device D- and D+ pins/pads are on the bottom under the USB connector - those would be the ones to use for programming if you can't use the USB connector. That is shown on the card back - along with an indication of a trace to cut { under the Vin pin area } to allow connecting the Teensy to a normal USB cable when externally powered. The Teensy will then only run on external power - but when powered will work and be able to respond over that connector without 5V from cable running into anything.

The pins labelled DP(+) / DM(-) inset from the pin 2 to 4 area are for a separate USB Host device connection - this is noted on the back of the T_3.6 card.

The USB Device D- and D+ pins/pads are on the bottom under the USB connector - those would be the ones to use for programming if you can't use the USB connector. That is shown on the card back - along with an indication of a trace to cut { under the Vin pin area } to allow connecting the Teensy to a normal USB cable when externally powered. The Teensy will then only run on external power - but when powered will work and be able to respond over that connector without 5V from cable running into anything.

Ahh I see! I completely misread the card.

Those pads will be a pain to work with xD

Many thanks for the help.

as noted - If the T_3.6 USB connector is there and usable - cutting the VIN<>VUSB trace will allow the externally powered Teensy to safely connect to a USB programmer - but won't run from USB alone without external power. I cut a few of mine for a project - and have soldered some back and put a single pin header in VUSB hole to Jumper to VIN on others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back