Jinx! Patching a large-ish panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno72

Hi

I have a 30x32 matrix of ws2812b connected to a 3.6 and Octo board. I can successfully run Glediator outputs from Glediator, but when I try to use Jinx and ask it to fast patch, I only get rows 1-17 and the first 2 columns on row 18 to go green, showing they are patched

Capture.jpg

Patch device is set to Glediator and the matrix size is set at 30x32 and patch mode is snakewise top right, all correct.

Anyone got any ideas? Its sooo frustrating.

Whilst building it I stopped at a 30x16 matrix to test it, and it patched fine in Jinx and worked perfectly

It gets very tricky. Try Fast patch to your serial port zigzag/snake top right 960 (X). And your Y can be 32. It should zigzag your 960 pixels into 32 rows. Assuming your using octows2811 you will be connecting the first octo pin to the top right and it will zigzag 4 rows to end before the next octo pin pin takes the next 4 zigzag rows on and on.

Note that 17 rows of 30 leds each plus two leds is 17×30+2 = 510+2 = 512 = 29 leds, which looks suspiciously like a limitation somewhere.

Thanks crees. Just tried setting up the matrix in Jinx at 960 (x), 32 (Y). The X box instantly jumps back to 480 when I try to enter 960.

Under fast patch I get an X of 480 and a Y of 17 plus the same two columns of row 18

Octows2811 is wired as you suggested. Every 4 rows

Nominal Animal, thats exactly what I thought. Is it a Glediator limit perhaps?

As long as your matrix configuration matches the 30x32 then it should patch all the way.

You may need to delete the glediator serial and add it back again with the correct matrix configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back