Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

Great work Dan! It's a beautifully designed board and I think fixing the layout is the best long term solution for you.

Would it be possible to get a new complete kit + an extra flex cable since I used all the parts building and debugging the first one?

Next question - after building the unit I can't see what the three little stand-offs and screws are for? :D

Derek

@DerekR: The stand offs - I got a set of four on quick count - they are for the four corner mount holes so when assembled it can sit on a bench/desk without forcing/inviting parts/pins or soldered joints to touch/support anything.

They are tiny - but look to be longer than even the new plastic top mount battery holder so when in place it should sit squarely on a surface with bottom side not in contact. ... and with rubber feet added wouldn't scratch or slide :)

Also: if worked into a larger design they would be useful for attachment using the four corner mount holes.

@longlow
Probably good idea to fix the PCB. I haven't started assembling the board yet so would only need replacement PCBs.

@loglow/Dan:

'same here as well' - "PCB Only" for the kits as nothing 'used'.

ADD: 1 new Top Mount battery holder, And 1 { 2x5 short header and female socket set }

All the new boards (and parts, as requested) were shipped out today!

Cool - USPS tipped me off - looking forward to it.

Didn't make it as recorded to processing - just a pre-shipment : 11:45 pm Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item

Last edited:
It may (?) just arrive before Xmas - seeing as we are almost neighbors. I'll get to it asap, but family arrive tonight... the house will be a complete (but wonderful) disaster for the next few days :D
Happy holidays all!
Derek

Processing a bit slow for some reason according to USPS records, maybe just mine - or it may be underway and just skipped a scanner?:
Pre-Shipment
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
Dec 21, 2019 at 11:45 pm

This shows on USPS Informed Delivery when the label is created - the Saturday record not updated yet after Monday.

*Note: It isn't available for all US addresses - but everyone should check - it shows a photo image of most arriving non-junk mail and packages put in the system with your particulars get put in the list and a text can come out. If the user does it - a bad guy can't do it to look for interesting things arriving. Also can get a text when packages delivered - I should hike out to the mailbox before sleep as I had two others arrive today.

no joy for me yet. maybe thursday.

I PM'd @loglow - my USPS Informed delivery showing the tracking number { from "EASYPOST/PARCEL PARTNERS EAST...TON" } still marked as above - not yet in system. Unless that is an anomaly not seen before - they are in limbo somewhere?

My local post office hardly ever scans packages, so the first scan will usually be from the sorting center in Springfield, MA a few days after they've been dropped off. It's annoying, but at this point I expect it.

got my 2 boards. they look good! will examine them a bit more later. but the d+ d- traces look okay. will examine the sd card signals too. but this looks like we might have a winner..

Back