Teensyduino Won't Install on Arduino 1.8.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

lapinus

Hi!
I'm trying to build an Adafruit Mini Untztrument, and the guide at https://learn.adafruit.com/mini-untztrument-3d-printed-midi-controller?embeds=allow requires you to install 4 things : usbMIDI, Adafruit Untztrument, Adafruit trellis and teensyduino.

When I try to open teensyduino and select my arduino IDE folder, it says on the ? button "version: "lib/version.txt" incorrect version format. Does not match Arduino 1.8.9".

I'm running Pop!_OS 19.04.

I already have the code and when I paste from that guide it obviously gives me errors, because I need teensy to send code to my Leonardo board. I even ran the setup from the console by doing : cd /home/(username)/Downloads; sudo ./TeensyduinoInstall.linux64, but it still doesn't work. What can I do?

Thanks!

Maybe you're trying to install into a modified copy of Arduino from your distro?

Teensyduino only supports the original Arduino as published on Arduino.cc.

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software

Clock the "Linux 64 bits" link on that page, then "Just Download". Extract that file, then tell the Teensyduino installer to install into that location where you extracted Arduino's download.

Remember, you also need to manually copy the udev rule file.

Maybe you're trying to install into a modified copy of Arduino from your distro?

Teensyduino only supports the original Arduino as published on Arduino.cc.

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software

Clock the "Linux 64 bits" link on that page, then "Just Download". Extract that file, then tell the Teensyduino installer to install into that location where you extracted Arduino's download.

Remember, you also need to manually copy the udev rule file.

Nonono, I use the official arduino.cc IDE

Nonono, I use the official arduino.cc IDE

Maybe you have a corrupted copy? The .tar.xz format used on Linux isn't like ZIP on Mac and Windows, where you get nothing if the file is truncated. Try downloading a fresh copy from Arduino's website, and pay close attention for any errors or warnings.

If you extract the file and inspect the folders it creates, you can plainly see it does create a "lib" folder and inside that folder is a "version.txt" file. I don't know why your copy of Arduino has a version.txt file that the installer doesn't like.

Maybe if you use a command like "cat arduino-1.8.9/lib/version.txt", you could see and show us what's actually in that file?

My guess is it will turn out to be something other than 1.8.9. Perhaps one of the (unsupported) hourly or beta builds?

Maybe you have a corrupted copy? The .tar.xz format used on Linux isn't like ZIP on Mac and Windows, where you get nothing if the file is truncated. Try downloading a fresh copy from Arduino's website, and pay close attention for any errors or warnings.

If you extract the file and inspect the folders it creates, you can plainly see it does create a "lib" folder and inside that folder is a "version.txt" file. I don't know why your copy of Arduino has a version.txt file that the installer doesn't like.

Maybe if you use a command like "cat arduino-1.8.9/lib/version.txt", you could see and show us what's actually in that file?

My guess is it will turn out to be something other than 1.8.9. Perhaps one of the (unsupported) hourly or beta builds?
I'll try to redownload and I'll check if it's stable and not beta. I'll also try that command later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back