Breakout board for the T4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekR

I'm looking forward to getting my T4's! However I will need access to the 10 extra GPIO pins on the bottom before I can do any serious work with it. Has anybody designed a breakout board at this point?

TallDog at Tindie says he is planning one, but he said he would have to get hold of a T4 to design one, so it could be some time...

I'm thinking of designing a simple breakout, using a 5x2 right-angle SMD male header (as TallDog does for the T3.x) to get at the pins, but if there is already a design available it would be great to have access to it :D

Derek

As I mentioned in another thread, I have played around some with my own boards, to play with. They are no where near a production quality boards, but it does give me some stuff to play with. And yes I do use SMT pins like T3.x. In fact with some of them I use the Sparkfun Teensy Header kit (https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13925), And I take the SMT one and cut off two rows of it, to make it a 2x5... That part is reasonably easy. The more fun is getting to the other pins, associated with the SDCard.

Note: TallDog - has put up a thread with beginnings of first round of boards... So you might want to look at that thread.

Silly me!!! I just noticed TallDog's thread. I'll sure be ordering some of those - his T3.x boards have been great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back